I’m working with a qualified environmental consultant with over 3 years’ of experience within the renewables, planning and environmental consultancy sector. Seeking a new role in central Bristol, my candidate is a committed environmentalist, and keen to secure a consultant level role as an EIA consultant or Environmental Planner. Skills and experience include:
- BSc Environmental Science
- Affiliate IEMA, working towards Associate
- Preparing EIAs, environmental report compendiums, screening requests, sequential analysis studies, feasibility studies, environmental enhancement plans, design and access statements and statements of community involvement
- Site visits, research and assessment and recording site data
- Involvement with public consultations and engaging with local communities/councils
- Project management: liaising with local authorities, statutory consultees, developers, external sub-consultants and colleagues
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems, internal/external audits and gaining accreditation
Flexible on salary and notice period, my candidate is keen to stay in the consultancy sector, joining a consultancy with good development prospects and projects and an inclusive culture and commitment to CSR.
Are you recruiting or thinking about recruiting for an EIA specialist in the next 2 months? Contact email@example.com for more information and to request a CV.
I’m working with an experienced Ecologist, with 6 years’ experience within the consultancy sector. Strong field skills, with experience of leading a wide range of ecological survey, assessment and compliance services to clients, including surveys for Phase 1 habitats, vegetation (to NVC standard), invasive plants, protected species and Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW). Strong report writing skills, including writing ecology chapters for EIAs, my candidate also has developed fee proposals/tender inputs, provided expert review and managed projects through to completion.
A varied background, the majority of past experience is within the land development, waste, minerals, transport and power sectors, with a particular expertise in baseline studies and Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) of onshore wind farms. Key qualifications include:
- MSc in Conservation Ecology, Distinction
- BSc (Hons) in Biology
- Full Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- Natural England Class Licence for great crested newt survey
Competent in protected species survey and mitigation with expertise in badger, otter, water vole, bats, great crested newt, reptiles and ornithology, my candidate is keen to build on and develop their career into a Senior Ecologist role. Available on short notice, at a negotiable salary in the late 20Ks, do you have a role in Leeds that may suit this candidate? Please contact Lydia@Fairmanconsulting.co.uk for a full CV or to arrange a call to discuss.
I’m working with a Principal Environmental Consultant with 10 years’ experience in environment, sustainability, planning, and regeneration. With 10+ years’ consultancy experience, this is a commercially minded candidate, with experience of managing a wide range of complex projects within infrastructure and mixed-use development, with strong skills in the water and transport sectors. Also with a proven background of successful new business development, and the management of large scale projects (EIAs and SEAs), sustainability and infrastructure, with additional experience in policy, strategy and advice, public consultation and master planning.
Key qualifications include:
- BSc Geography
- PRINCE 2 Practitioner, CEEQUAL Assessor.
- Assoc IEMA
My candidate is keen to build on and develop their people management skills, taking the next onward career step, towards a role in leadership, business development and strategy. Looking for a client facing role, with people management experience, and further opportunity to build additional technical skills.
Do you have a role in London that may suit this candidate? Please contact Lydia@Fairmanconsulting.co.uk for a full CV or to arrange a call to discuss.
I’m working with a highly qualified and experienced Hydrologist, who’s seeking a role in London or the South East.
With over 7 years’ experience in the sector, technical skills and knowledge include:
- River science expert (particularly the interface between hydromorphology and ecology
- Coordinating and designing fieldwork surveys
- Identifying and implementing data analysis techniques
- Hydrological modelling
- Strategic studies
- Working knowledge of EU legislation including the Water Framework Directive
- PhD Physical Geology
- BSc (hons) Environmental Resource Management (1st class)
An ambitious, polished and high caliber candidate, with in depth technical knowledge in the sector, she’s looking for a role in London, Surrey or a commutable location, available immediately. Salary expectations are flexible and available on request. Please contact Lydia Fairman – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07792 108 881 for more information, or to request a full CV.
I’m working with a Chartered Environmentalist and Scientist, with extensive experience of EIAs, SEAs, Shoreline Management Plans, offshore renewables and Water Quality. MSc Qualified, my candidate has over 7 years consultancy experience, with a further 7 years’ experience within the environmental sector before that.
Both CIWEM, and AIEMA, my candidate has strong experience of managing people, projects and budgets, and of business development, bidding and tendering, responsible for managing budgets of up to £750,000.
Looking for a new role, ideally in the South West, she would like to move into, or towards a Principal level position within a consultancy, on a salary of £36,000 and 1 months’ notice.
Please contact me if you have a role that may suit this candidate, and a full CV can be provided. Lydia@fairmanconsulting.co.uk.
I’ve recently registered an experienced and ambitious Environmental consultant with over 7 years’ experience within the environmental and sustainability sector. An excellent project manager and project team leader, able to construct and motivate individual experts to deliver projects to a high standard, on time and on budget. Key skills and achievements include:
- Project Management
- Business Development.
- Proposal writing – for a range of clients including; international M&A environmental, H&S and sustainability DD, compliance auditing and site assessment, and ESG projects.
- Report writing: Preparing technical and executive summary reports and quality control.
- Research: Identifying source materials for use in ESG and Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) projects, presentations and proposals.
- Auditing and site work: An experienced environmental and H&S lead auditor with a broad understanding of UK and EU environmental legislation.
- Associate IEMA
- BSc Physical Geography
A driven Senior level consultant, my candidate is keen on joining and progressing within a business towards leadership and management, with strong communication, motivational and project leadership skills. Seeking a role in the Bristol area, he has experience across a range of sectors, including financial, mining, engineering, commercial property, manufacturing, chemicals and the third sector. If you have a role that may suit this candidate, please e mail email@example.com or call 07792 108 881 for further information.
An experienced and highly qualified environmental consultant, my candidate is looking for a new role, specialising in EIA/Flood Risk assessment. Having worked in a varied role within a consultancy for over 4 years, she is seeking a role which will support her career progression, ready to step into a Senior level role.
With a BSc and MSc in the sciences, she has strong skills in financial forecasting and project management, and has had the opportunity to work on a wide variety of EIAs and FRAs, with ecological experience and input too. Key experience includes:
- Flood Risk Assessment (Level 1 & 2).
- Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Groundwater resources.
- Hydrogeological risk assessments.
- Supervision and analysis of pumping tests and in-situ permeability tests.
- Geophysical testing.
- Desk studies and interpretative contamination reporting.
- Ground investigation design, supervision and reporting.
- Supervision of ground investigations and geological logging (BS 5930).
- Groundwater and surface water sampling, including borehole purging\pumping.
- Laboratory and in-situ permeability testing.
Having worked in her current role for 4 years, she would like to focus on EIA and FRA related work, which is where she’s found the most enjoyment, and seeks a position in a consultancy, with a clear path for progression, and opportunity to continue building those skills.
Current salary is £27,000 and she’s on 1 months’ notice, looking for a role within a 1 hour commute from Birmingham. Please contact me on Lydia@fairmanconsulting.co.uk if you think you may have a position to discuss with this candidate.
I’m working with an experienced, commercially minded Ornithologist/Ecologist who’s seeking a new role at Senior or Principal level. With many years of experience, including within a consultancy environment, skills include:
- Bird surveys including; vantage point, breeding bird, woodland point count, raptor, black grouse and waterbody surveys.
- Protected mammal surveys including; Badger, Red Squirrel, Pine Marten, Otter, Bats and Water Vole.
- Reptile surveys and translocations for species including Common Lizard and Adder.
- Vegetation surveys including; Phase 1 Habitat Survey, Habitat Assessment and Suitability.
- Ecological clerk of works services for construction projects, providing environmental advice and guidance to clients on developments including wind farm and transmission line
- Experience analysing and interpreting data, producing reports, EcIA and statistics to a high standard.
- Experienced line manager of staff and subcontractors working knowledge of health and safety issues and environmental legislation and planning.
Available on 1 months’ notice and flexible on salary, seeking late £20Ks to early £30Ks, this is a strong candidate with good commercial acumen. To request a full CV contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m working with an experienced ecologist, who is seeking a new role in Suffolk/Essex, London or the in the wider South East, having recently finished a contract.
Having worked in both Ornithological and Ecological roles within consultancy, he now has a good couple of years consultancy experience, having graduated in 2010.
Experienced in all general ecologist duties, he’s undertaken various Ornithological surveys (including VP), bat, badger, reptiles, amphibians and nesting birds, with strong report writing skills. He’s got experience of writing up phase 1 GCNs reptiles, bats and water vole reports. An experienced EcOW with knowledge of habitat creation and manipulation.
My candidate has a GCN licence and is working towards his reptile licence, with a full clean driving licence and is a very capable all rounder. He’s shown his dedication to the sector by gaining voluntary experience wherever he can during and after University and shows a real determination to develop in the field.
If you think you might have a role coming up for this job seeker now or soon, contact me on email@example.com
All candidates on my blog have given their permission to be promoted anonymously, and have the right to remove the blog at any time.
A job seeking consultant ecologist who has over 5 years experience working within large multi disciplinary consultancies, based in the North West. A full member of CIEEM holding EPS licences for both great crested newt and dormouse and working towards her bat licence.
Experience includes carrying out Extended Phase 1 surveys and undertaking a range of protected species surveys, including bats, great crested newt, reptile, dormice, red squirrel, otter, badger and water vole. With a good working knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance, my candidate has a keen interest in botany, and can identify both native and invasive species, hoping to develop in this area long term.A strong candidate, with experience of project management, including client liaison, preparation of fee quotes and the tracking of costs to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard, within budget and excellent technical report writing skills.
On a salary of £25K, she would like an increase, and to move into a Senior level position in the North West – Manchester, Warrington, Altrincham and Chester are all commutable.
Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you may have a vacancy for this candidate.