- IEMA – Full Member and Chartered Environmentalist
- MSc Environmental Assessment and Management
- BSc Environmental Science
I’m working with an experienced Quantity Surveyor who’s seeking a new role in Leeds or the wider Yorkshire area. With over 10 years of experience, mainly in the UK but with international experience too, my candidate is on 1 months’ notice.
A strong background of managing a variety of large and small scale construction projects from inception to completion including contract negotiations, tendering for business and finance, experience covers schools and hospitals, hotels, airports and a wide variety of entertainment and retail projects.
Strong with technologies, with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Project and Excel and a variety of systems including; Project Centre, Jobpac, and PIMS.
Looking for a new role ideally within a contractor, my candidate is open to opportunities, notice period is negotiable. Please contact me for more detail, to arrange a speculative discussion or to request a CV.
I’m working with a highly qualified Environmental Director, who is seeking a new role in the South West, Bath, Bristol or other commutable location.
A chartered Ecologist with over 20 years’ experience in the fields of ecology, air quality, arboriculture and environmental science, my candidate has worked within a number of leading consultancies, in senior management and leadership roles, providing both national and regional leadership to both specialist and multi-disciplinary teams.
Technical skills cover ecology, air quality, arboriculture, landscape and EIA services, providing commercial and technical advice, business development, mentoring and quality assurance to the team. Commercially astute, my candidate understands the importance of good financial management, with a strong track record of bidding for and winning work, meeting or exceeding budgets, maximising cash collection and managing budgets up to £2.5M.
My candidate is seeking a new role within the South West, which will offer both technical input and strategic management, with a passion for managing and developing environmental teams and business.
Do you have an opportunity that may suit this candidate? Contact Lydia at Fairman Consulting today for more information email@example.com
I’ve just registered a new candidate, looking for a new role in the South East. With a varied background in geoenvironmental engineering, carbon management and Environmental Impact Assessments, my candidate is looking for a role within an engineering consultancy, specialising in either Carbon Management or EIA’s.
My candidate has a strong background in both civil engineering and environmental policy & sustainability, with a number of years’ professional experience working within the regeneration and renewable energy sectors, and on large urban masterplanning projects. Experience includes:
- Production of various reports including desk based studies and risk assessments for input into EIA’s, Environmental Statements and non-technical summaries
- Design and supervision of site investigations and subsequent analysis and interpretation of data
- Assist in expansion of carbon management team, undertaking carbon quantification of large engineering projects
- Working closely with EIA and other technical teams, working collaboratively in team meetings and client briefings
Currently on 1 months’ notice, something within central London would be ideal, or easily commutable from a central London base. Do you have a role that may suit this candidate? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to request a CV.
All candidates included on our candidate blog have given their permission, and contributed to and approved the content of their profile.
I’m working with a leadership level candidate, who is an experienced environmental and sustainability professional, seeking a new role.
Highly qualified, with a background in both environmental/ sustainability consultancy and in-house corporate sustainability leadership, this candidate has advised companies, delivered projects, implemented strategies and led a wide range of sustainability initiatives. Areas of expertise include: environmental assessment, EMS, sustainability appraisal, sustainability strategy, environmental performance management, carbon management, regulatory compliance, sustainability reporting, internal engagement, capacity building, business improvement and supply chain collaboration.
The position would be ideally based in the South West, but positions further afield (including the South East) that support flexible/remote working or regular travel would also be of interest.
My candidate can be available on relatively short notice for the right role. Please contact me if you have a position that may be of interest, to arrange a speculative discussion or to request a CV.
I’m working with an experienced and qualified Principal/Associate level Geoenvironmental specialist who is seeking a new role in the South West. Bath or Bristol are ideal locations, but open to ideas and options!
- Significant experience of working for both Environmental consultancy and remediation contractors with a variety of clients including large residential and commercial developers.
- Extensive consultancy skills at a senior level
- team and resource/budget management experience (currently managing a team of 4)
- business development – including finding and tendering for new business and leading client presentations
- strategic management/leadership,
- Factual and interpretative report writing and checking reports
- project management
- MSc qualified, CL:AIRE, CEnv, AIEMA
Flexible on salary, with a negotiable notice period, my candidate is seeking a role due to relocation.
Are you considering recruiting anyone at this kind of level at the moment? Contact us to request a full CV and to discuss email@example.com 07792 108 881
I’m working with an experienced consultant, who is seeking a new, permanent role within the West Midlands. Ideally at Principal or Associate level. Specialisms within Sustainability and SEA.
Over 20 years’ experience in the commercial, public and charity sectors, strong track record of winning and delivering environmental and sustainability work, and developing, implementing and assessing strategies. Excellent range of consultancy projects delivered within budget and resources, on time and to high quality standards. Ambitious, disciplined and highly motivated, committed to achieving results through tenacity and attention to detail, provider of effective leadership to teams to achieve excellence. Adept at people management and with excellent stakeholder management skills, strong customer service ethic and communications skills, as well as influencing and negotiation skills to achieve best practice and agreed business goals. Experienced at working with professionals from a range of technical disciplines to create coherent consultancy outputs. Technical skills are complemented by practical experience of project management, review and analysis, consultancy report writing and quality control.
- BA (hons) degree in Geography
- Certificate in Management (Financial Times/Henley)
- Prince 2
- A range of in-service training including: SEA compliant sustainability appraisals, sustainable procurement, fuel poverty, project management, risk assessment, presentation skills and various microsoft applications.
Seeking a role within Shrewsbury, Chester, Telford, Wolverhampton, Birmingham or Solihull (or commutable distance), this is a technically outstanding candidate, with good team leadership skills, available on 1 months’ notice.
Do you have a job that may suit this candidate? E mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Our client has 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility and experience and is looking for a new role at senior level or above, preferably in the South West, but will relocate. They currently carry regional responsibility for sustainability and have been personally responsible for drawing together, strengthening and growing this function. They have a good range of environmental assessment, co-ordination and management experience. Skills and recent experience include:
- BSc (Hons) in environmental science and MSc in Environmental Impact Assessment;
- Good blend of commercial, consulting and institutional / research experience with a mix of public sector and private sector clients;
- Full regional responsibility for sustainability management for a commercial organisation;
- Achieving challenging sustainability targets for key London 2012 Olympic works;
- Conducting and co-ordinating CEEQUAL sustainability assessments and BREEAM assessments (delivery to BREEAM Excellent);
- Serving on working groups, including CEEQUAL international projects steering group, UK Contractors Group environmental sub-committee and updating of CIRIA environmental good practice guide.
- Engagement in and improvement of added value in pre-qualification and tender submissions;
- Simultaneously driving legal compliance, delivery improvements (waste, costs, performance, energy reduction), developing innovative delivery strategies and raising added value;
- Establishing and maintaining ISO 14001 environmental management system compliance;
- 6 years previous major environmental consultancy experience, 2 years at senior level, with extensive experience of co-ordinating multidisciplinary teams for major clients such as Crossrail and The Highways Agency.
- Strong experience producing Environmental Impact, Strategic Environmental Assessment and Sustainability Appraisal deliverables on time and within budget
Our client is looking for a new role, probably with a major consultancy and is a confident individual with good communication skills and a wide list of appropriate contacts in their field.
If you’re recruiting or thinking about recruiting for a Sustainability / Environmental Consultant at senior level or above, please contact email@example.com for more information and to request a copy of our candidate’s full CV.
We’re working with a very experienced (30+ years) Coal Geologist who is available immediately for full time or part-time work on a permanent basis. He’s able to relocate, but can work away and / or abroad, as required. Their skills and experience includes:
- Chartered Geologist, MSc from UCL and BSc Geology 2:1 from Newcastle
- Extensive experience of both opencast and deep mining in a wide range of locations
- Worked in stand-alone and multidisciplinary environments
- Exploratory drilling projects, including supervision, and geological 3D modelling
- Strong experience of preparing full geological reports and geological estimates: seam quality; tonnage; overburden / works ratios
- Identifying and reporting scope of future reserves, accounting for modifying factors, including land ownership, ecological design, economics, etc.
- Surface mine planning applications and wide liaison internally with engineers, planners, managers, consultants and externally with public bodies and planning authorities.
- Project management and management of teams of geologists and consultants
- Drilling programme design, contract documentation preparation, acquiring drilling licenses
- Selection of rotary drilling and geophysical logging contracts by competitive tender
If you’re recruiting or thinking about recruiting for an experienced Geologist please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to request a copy of our candidate’s full CV.
We’re working with an experienced heritage consultant, qualified to Masters level, with 10 years of progressive working experience in their field. They would ideally like to find a post within easy commuting distance of Bristol. Their skills and recent experience includes:
- BA and MA qualified, having studied archaeology, anthropology and landscape management;
- Robust skills in the assessment of development impacts on the setting of heritage assets;
- Conducting / preparing heritage appraisals and assessments and environmental statement chapters;
- Experience of mitigation strategies and proofs of evidence for planning appeals;
- Specialist skills in aerial surveying and mapping, with contributions to the National Mapping Programme and Avebury World Heritage Site;
- Producing tenders and consulting with clients, local planning authorities and statutory consultees such as English heritage;
- Primary experience with clients in the renewable energy sector (solar parks, wind turbines, etc.) and construction sector (housing and commercial developments);
- Project management experience, representation on project-teams and managing subcontractors;
- Commissioning of geophysical surveys and archaeological work;
- Management of data collection, database creation and results dissemination for national funded research project.
Our client has a wide range of contacts, strong client relationship-building skills, good communication skills and experience of delivering presentations to conferences and to a wide range of major project stakeholders. They are keen to work in a role where they can contribute towards the development of the organisation’s presence in his field.
If you’re recruiting or thinking about recruiting for a Heritage Consultant please contact or email@example.com for more information and to request a copy of our candidate’s full CV.