Our growing client, a respected consultancy with a heritage stretching back over 90 years, is looking for a strong senior wastewater treatment process engineer. As a leading member of the wastewater treatment team, you'll head up treatment projects, investigations, studies and assessment particularly in the industrial sector.
Operating across a variety of sectors including Water, Environment, Gas and Resource Management. Clients include regulators, water and gas utility companies, government organisations, NGO’s, trade organisations, industrial manufacturers and waste management companies.
You'll be expected to provide skill and expertise to this service area by adapting and applying engineering and scientific techniques, conducting tests and inspections, on-site troubleshooting, client consulting and preparing detailed reports on wastewater treatment process issues & technology evaluation. Duties and responsibilities include (we have a detailed job specification available):
- Manages projects within the wastewater treatment processes team
- Supply and design dedicated and innovative customer solutions, by collecting and analysing information, researching, adapting, and modifying engineering and scientific techniques, preparing drawings, schematics, evaluating process components, resolving design/integration issues, developing process specifications, performing cost analysis
- The opportunity to liaise with a broad range of clients, engages in development of client relationships
- Preparation of technical reports and presentations for internal and external use
- Dealing with new and diverse client requests/challenges, opening up opportunities and creating innovative solutions
Qualifications/experience required includes:
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. in Environmental/Chemical Engineering or B.Sc. in Water/Wastewater Sciences. A post graduate degree would be advantageous.
- Extensive Proven experience in wastewater treatment – design, modeling, commissioning, process troubleshooting etc., as well as experience in industrial wastewater treatment. Previous consulting experience would be preferred.
- Experience in a broad range of wastewater processes and operation practices relevant to the industrial sector, able to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Proven experience with clients from sectors such as F&B, pharmaceutical, oil and gas.
- Excellent client liaising skills. Highly experienced in providing tailored "one-of-a-kind" solutions to clients (experience in working with Tier 1 companies is advantageous).
- International experience is advantageous.
- Understanding of R&D procedures, process science and innovative approaches in water/wastewater treatment. Knowledge of emerging process technologies.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate, willingly takes ownership of issues and seeks team participation to achieve best solution.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Ability to work in compromising situations, possess a "can do" attitude, able to devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Understanding of R&D procedures and innovative approaches in water/wastewater treatment engineering and emerging process technologies.
- Excellent IT skills, familiar with relevant computer applications and simulation software.