Joining an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services.
As part of the continued growth of the established multi-disciplinary environment team in Scotland and North East England, my client are looking for an experienced environmental planner/EIA specialist.
The individual would join the team to work on existing EIA commissions for Scotland and North East England environment team, across public and private sectors, and related to transport, housing, industry, and renewables sectors. They would also assist in developing the environmental team business, and input into future strategy and business development.
This is a new opportunity for an EIA specialist/coordinator to assist in a multi-disciplinary team. This includes:
- Coordinating EIA’s
- Preparing Environmental Statements and other environmental reports
- Advising clients on the UK development planning systems (including Scotland)
- Project managing multidisciplinary environmental teams
- Technical report writing
- Client facing on projects and seeking new work
- Project and team administration duties
- Producing project related correspondence and reports
- Co-ordinating work of engineers and other environmental technical specialists
- Line management of junior staff
You will be/have
- Degree qualified in environmental science or other related field
- Ideally a post-graduate qualification of MSc or higher
- Working towards achieving full RTPI or IEMA membership
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment on environmental projects (onshore or offshore)
- Developing Business Development skills
- A strong technical background in the field of Environmental Impact Assessment
In return you'll receive a generous salary and benefits package and a firm commitment to ongoing training and development.