Joining an international consultancy, providing specialist environmental support to both colleagues and clients, the bulk of work within the transportation and development (including Power and Water) sectors. The team would like to expand to meet its current and future commitments, with a busy work book. Because of this growth, my client would like to add an experienced ecologist or senior ecologist to the existing team in Croydon.
Assisting with the delivery of specialist environmental consultancy services, duties will involve the provision of ecological surveys and assessments and general environmental support for projects. Depending on your level of experience, you'll also be involved in leading ecology teams, projects and mentoring junior staff.
You'll be a keen and committed Ecologist, specialising in Bats, with the ability to travel and work throughout the UK. In addition to this, skills and experience required include:
- Relevant degree in ecology or related subject
- Extensive relevant consultancy experience, with some of this in the UK
- Mitigation experience
- Experience of obtaining a variety of protected species licences (essential to have a bat licence) and liaising with regulatory bodies to negotiate and obtain consents
- Relevant experience connected with major infrastructure schemes
- Working knowledge of the requirements of documents such as WebTAG and DMRB EcIA experience to IEEM standard
- Strong report writing skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Participatory experience of statutory environmental assessment procedures
- Driving licence
- Ability to act as a lead ecologist
In return, you'll get a competitive salary and benefits package, and commitment to support your ongoing professional development, with the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects.