Joining a leading consultancy, with offices around the country. Working across a variety of industry sectors, these include Waste, Property, Energy, Water, infrastructure and Minerals. Due to continued success and growth, and in line with their growth plans, this is a strategic appointment.
This position will be instrumental in growing the geoenvironmental/geotech and/or Due diligence business in the South East, where the business is already established in other business areas. With a strong reputation within the sector, this is a rare opportunity to join a thriving business and contribute directly to their success, providing innovative solutions to a wide range of clients and maintaining and growing relationships and bringing on board new key clients. Already delivering a busy work book of southern projects from their Northern offices, this position will take on and expand the client base. You’ll be responsible for managing a group of consultants and developing the southern geoenvironmental and due diligence business, incorporating new skills and businesses. You’ll ensure procedures and quality standards are met, and work towards financial targets, which will be recognised in reward packages. With a high profile within the business, you'll be expected to attend and present at conferences, contributing to and responsible for leadership articles in the media and to industry and professional bodies.
- You will have operated in the South-east of England ground engineering market for a number of years and have a strong contact network, a track record of contributing to the development of the profession and good links with relevant trade associations.
- Excellent customer focussed business winning skills and be able to contribute to the business development strategy.
- At least 3 years track record in work winning within the UK market and a good network of contacts and industry profile in the property, energy, waste, minerals, water or infrastructure industries.
- A strong commercial orientation with excellent negotiating skills
- Proven people leadership & management skills and experience motivating a team, with at least 5 years team management track record.
- A strong record of delivering interpretative design reports for land quality, land contamination, earthworks, shallow and deep foundations as well as delivering development projects on greenfield and brownfield sites.
- The ability to support the company in implementing further growth in the geo-environmental and geotechnical capability including training and staff development as well as targeted innovation to demonstrate technical leadership in the field and be able to talk knowledgeably to clients about these in a both a project and business development context.