Our client is a leading and respected multi-disciplinary consultancy. They offer a broad range of professional services, employing designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists.
We're recruiting someone to become a senior member of an established team, to be based in Manchester and to be responsible for environmental consultancy delivered from the company's offices in Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, York, Sheffield, and Cumbria.
Your core professional expertise will be in EIA management, ideally with additional related skills and you'll be a chartered environmentalist, with membership of an appropriate professional institute. Your initial focus will be on the delivery of high-quality EIA programmes and authorship of robust environmental statements and related documents, providing clients with environmental and sustainability solutions.
You will be required to work directly with senior leadership, directors, project and business leaders, business development officers, marketers and contract staff, and must be comfortable working with staff at all levels.
Work will include major project management and delivery, business development and team development. Projects may be in urban development, road and rail infrastructure, energy, and water-related developments.
This post is likely to progress towards a higher leadership role, and the appointed candidate will be encouraged to undertake training, coaching and other self-development activities.
- The role will report to NW and Yorkshire Environment Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader, and will require close liaison with our UK Environment Leader in London, plus other sector leaders in the UK and abroad. If you're selected, you'll be charged with the responsibility to:
- Deliver high-quality EIA programmes to agreed budgets and deadlines;
- Identify business development opportunities, taking a support or a lead role, as appropriate, in the preparation of bids and tenders;
- Represent the company to clients, potential clients and partners;
- Monitor and manage team financial performance;
- Contribute to team resourcing, training, development and strategic management;
- Attend leadership and environment executive meetings, reporting on activity and successes;
- Take an active part in developing the company’s presence on external bodies and organisations.
- To be selected, you'll be able to show:
- A first degree in an appropriate subject, and ideally a relevant higher degree;
- Chartered Environmentalist status;
- Proven experience in the field of EIA management, ideally with specialist skillset;
- High levels of commercial awareness and an active interest in the business development process;
- Good understanding of both public and private-sector client and business needs;
- Wide and deep understanding of current issues and market drivers;
- Ability to recognise trends and to make connections between apparently disparate topics;
- Strong desire to build a business development portfolio
- Commitment to encouraging junior team members in their professional development.
- Our client requires someone highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges in a team environment, comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritising and managing multiple on-going activities
- Full driving licence required.
Our client offers a competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in the sector. They proactively act to support and safeguard the financial, physical and mental wellbeing of employees. Core benefits include: cover under a UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance); Life Assurance; Accident Insurance; and Income Protection (long term disability). Permanent employees are also eligible for membership of the global profit share scheme. Subject to the scheme's rules, employees may receive two profit share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.