Our growing client, a respected consultancy with a heritage stretching back over 90 years, is looking for a strong senior water treatment process engineer to work in the industrial sector and can offer strong career development opportunities.
The water Treatment Process Engineer is required to actively support our client’s treatment processes service area, by adapting and applying engineering and scientific techniques, conducting tests and inspections, on-site troubleshooting, client consulting and preparing detailed reports on water treatment process issues, design and specific process technology evaluation.
Our client operates across different sectors including Water, Environment, Gas and Resource Management and their clients include regulators, water and gas utility companies, government organisations, NGO’s, trade organisations, industrial manufacturers and waste management companies. Building on a legacy in the international water and environment sector stretching back over 90 years, they are recruiting for people with interest and initiative, capable of helping to discover and deliver new and exciting solutions that will enable their clients to meet the challenges of the future. They offer strong career development support for the future.
- Supplies dedicated and innovative customer solutions, by collecting and analysing information, researching, adapting, and modifying engineering and scientific techniques, preparing drawings, schematics, evaluating process components, resolving design/integration issues, developing process specifications.
- Liaises with a broad range of clients from private companies to government agencies.
- Manages project budget and timelines.
- Contributes to project team performance, by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, obtaining expert inputs, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focused on project completion within timelines.
- Advances professional and technical knowledge, by attending professional workshops, reading professional publications, establishing excellent networks, participating in professional societies.
- Prepares excellent technical reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- Enhances company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments.
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. in Environmental or Chemical Engineering. A post graduate degree would be advantageous.
- At least 7 years’ experience in water treatment process design, particularly in industrial water treatment. EXPERIENCE OF WORKING IN THE UK IN THE SECTOR IS ESSENTIAL.
- Proven experience specifically in the industrial sector with clients from industries such as F&B, pharmaceutical, oil and gas.
- Experience in a broad range of processes and operation practices relevant to the industrial sector, such as membrane filtration (MF/UF), disinfection, ion exchange, adsorption and reverse osmosis.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills.
- Excellent client liaising skills. Experienced in providing tailored "one-of-a-kind" solutions to clients (experience in working with Tier 1 companies is advantageous).
- International experience is advantageous.
- Ability to work in pressurised situations.
- Understanding of R&D procedures and innovative approaches in water treatment engineering and emerging process technologies.
- Excellent IT skills, familiar with relevant computer applications and simulation software.