Our client has 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility and experience and is looking for a new role at senior level or above, preferably in the South West, but will relocate. They currently carry regional responsibility for sustainability and have been personally responsible for drawing together, strengthening and growing this function. They have a good range of environmental assessment, co-ordination and management experience. Skills and recent experience include:
- BSc (Hons) in environmental science and MSc in Environmental Impact Assessment;
- Good blend of commercial, consulting and institutional / research experience with a mix of public sector and private sector clients;
- Full regional responsibility for sustainability management for a commercial organisation;
- Achieving challenging sustainability targets for key London 2012 Olympic works;
- Conducting and co-ordinating CEEQUAL sustainability assessments and BREEAM assessments (delivery to BREEAM Excellent);
- Serving on working groups, including CEEQUAL international projects steering group, UK Contractors Group environmental sub-committee and updating of CIRIA environmental good practice guide.
- Engagement in and improvement of added value in pre-qualification and tender submissions;
- Simultaneously driving legal compliance, delivery improvements (waste, costs, performance, energy reduction), developing innovative delivery strategies and raising added value;
- Establishing and maintaining ISO 14001 environmental management system compliance;
- 6 years previous major environmental consultancy experience, 2 years at senior level, with extensive experience of co-ordinating multidisciplinary teams for major clients such as Crossrail and The Highways Agency.
- Strong experience producing Environmental Impact, Strategic Environmental Assessment and Sustainability Appraisal deliverables on time and within budget
Our client is looking for a new role, probably with a major consultancy and is a confident individual with good communication skills and a wide list of appropriate contacts in their field.
If you’re recruiting or thinking about recruiting for a Sustainability / Environmental Consultant at senior level or above, please contact email@example.com for more information and to request a copy of our candidate’s full CV.