We’re working with a very experienced (30+ years) Coal Geologist who is available immediately for full time or part-time work on a permanent basis. He’s able to relocate, but can work away and / or abroad, as required. Their skills and experience includes:
- Chartered Geologist, MSc from UCL and BSc Geology 2:1 from Newcastle
- Extensive experience of both opencast and deep mining in a wide range of locations
- Worked in stand-alone and multidisciplinary environments
- Exploratory drilling projects, including supervision, and geological 3D modelling
- Strong experience of preparing full geological reports and geological estimates: seam quality; tonnage; overburden / works ratios
- Identifying and reporting scope of future reserves, accounting for modifying factors, including land ownership, ecological design, economics, etc.
- Surface mine planning applications and wide liaison internally with engineers, planners, managers, consultants and externally with public bodies and planning authorities.
- Project management and management of teams of geologists and consultants
- Drilling programme design, contract documentation preparation, acquiring drilling licenses
- Selection of rotary drilling and geophysical logging contracts by competitive tender
If you’re recruiting or thinking about recruiting for an experienced Geologist please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to request a copy of our candidate’s full CV.